Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Reality Check. What's happening to us. Humans.

Last week, I've been on a lecture about how do you react to conflicts and what do you usually do when you are facing one. I've learned that the most likely best way to solve is to think about how did the conflict started and from there find a way to sort things out by finding a solution that the both sides can agree with. Sounds easy? Well for me it's not that easy. When you are in an argument with someone who is the totally opposite of you. You don't have the time to think about how things started, and all you want is to let that person understand what you mean so he/she can join your side.

Egoistic.

That day we also had this gruop discussion about conflicts. And there's this question: What will you do when two of your workmates are in the middle of an arguement.

My answer: Don't get involed, As long as they are not affecting me. But when the work gets affected I will talk to the manager to sort things out.

In my head: It's their problem. Why should I get involved with it. I am not trying to be martyr and be the one to solve it. I just don't want to be in the middle of it. I might end up being bad. Or maybe instead of sorting things out I might end up also having arguement with the both of them and I want to avoid it. And plus it might affect my job.

After I spit out my answer, for a second there I was so shock about myself. Is that how I am right now? I am so egoistic. I was only thinking about the concequences the conflict can do for me. ONLY ME! or is it only me?

When you think about it. I might not only thinking about myself. What if I was thinking of like: I don't want to get involved and end up ruining my job too because I need the money for my "future family".

Does that still counts being Egoistic?


No comments:

Post a Comment