Tuesday, November 19, 2013

My role.

Big sister.. That's me. 

According to them..
I must know everything.
I need to always watch over my lil brother
I must be doing the right thing everytime. (No room for mistakes)
I need to guide my my lil brother.
I must do the right decisions.
I am the responsible. (Always)

It feels like being a big sis a really tough job. Well it is. But it can be fun too sometimes, believe it or not but yeah. Yesterday, I asked my lil brother about his plans for the future. I think you already know the answer. Well he said that he don't know. He have never planned it that far. Of course I was shocked cause he is in his last year of high school and will graduate in June. So yesterday, I encourage him to look after some course he is interested with. He found a lot that he wants. Like really a full list, which is really good cause that means he have a lot of choices to make he can register so he can just choose afterwards. I thought everything is doing well until we look for the requirements of every courses he wants. Everything went upside down.. There are some subjects he needs to have which he doesn't have.. And maybe it's too late to have this subjects in high school cause the school year is almost done. 

I can feel that he felt helpless, regretfull and hopeless but that's my role. To give advice, to give him hope, to push him to do it and to remind him that there are a lot of solutions. Make some solutions not always problems.

It was just like me before. I didn't even know what I want. It's a part of growing up. You just need to keep going. In the end you will find that one thing you want to achieve. And not later on you will have your goals. 

You maybe did the wrong decisions but it's ok, it's totally fine cause those will help you to be better, to develop your abilities. So don't be afraid of making mistakes. And don't regret them, they are there to give you a wake up call.




No comments:

Post a Comment